Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

Maharashtra's first Celebrity Wax Museum opened up in Lonavala


Sunil Kandalloor is the first Indian Sculptor who makes a first Life size statue of Chatrapati Shivaji in India and He also had opened a Wax Celebrity Museum which is one of it's own kind in Maharashtra. He has made statues of the top most prominent People of India which includes, Father of India Mahatma Gandhi, Jawahar Lal Nehru, Mother Teressa, A R Rehman, Adolf Hitler, Swami Vivekanand and many more.Sunil Kandalloor who has been making large size wax statue from last 13 years and now because of him there is no need for the people to visit to the Madame Tussauds for seeing a look of their favourites. Sunil Kandalloor has made a museum in Lonavala which has consists of 25 prominent personalities from India and Across the World. For Making this statue, he not only use Wax but he adds some chemical powders and add real Hair for giving the Statue a real Look with expressions. In Maharashtra, it is the one of it's own kind of Wax statues and Musium.

While Speaking to the UN TV, Sculptor, Sunil Kandalloor said,"I am From Kerela, I have two more museums in India, Both were in Kerela and now this is new in Lonavala. I started the first wax Museum branch in 2005 in Kanyakumari, now I am here in Lonavala with my 25 Wax models including Shivaji Maharaj. 12 years before I started to make this kind of things in India, I think I am the first person in India."

When asked him about where the Idea had came from to make a Wax museum, her replied,"From my Childhood I had little talent in drawing, paintings and all, I developed in my finance college after that I had to do something special that I had to do something special that's why I had spent 6 years in my home for findings out this kind of Technology, but the problem is that nobody is doing this kind of things, there were no wax models are in India, It's not available for even for a look, so I had to suffer from it, as I spent six years in my home for developing this kind of Technology which was very difficult for me."


When I asked about how much time it takes for making an Idol, he said,"Now, I can finish one model in a month because I have 13 years of Experience, we have to collect original hair for Shivaji, beard hair is Original human hair collecting from the people and fixing it to one by one, head hair is also original.and that also we have to fulfill us it's gloves, his eyes is also resembles as original eyes and we fixed it properly that it shows expressions."

When asked about his Museum, he replied,"Before it was regarding Shivaji Maharaj, Gandhi, Nehru, there all are from the photograph, we can collect the photographs details from the photographs, now all the details are available on the Internet.Now the Technology is totally developed, if the celebrities and Personalities are available for 1 hour, I can make the measurement, I can study about the figure and speciality about that figure. This came out like Russell parukutty, A R Rehman like that and last week I met Amitabh Bachchan and he thoroughly watched my Statues and asked me that it's a wax statue or a real person. So I think, what he said to me, I feels it's a great award for me, he told me to come to my home and If I got a chance to make his statue, So I will make the model in 1 month."

When asked about, Are you commercially sell the statues of the Museum, he said,"I don't have time for this thing, we have to develop the big measures Like for making Madame Tussauds kind of museum with in a period of 2 to 3 years. So doing business like that and and selling them is not what I want to do, I am not willing to give this kinds of Models."


When asked about him the difference between his Wax Models as compare to Mademe Tussauds, he said,"Now a days ,technology has been developed because in my first museum, so many models are there but the mobility is the big problem there, it's totally wax,solid wax but about this thing, this is a Swallow, we can dismantle it, refix it with in 10 minutes, we can carry in a bag and take every where. In the statue, including wax we use powder color to get more harder then body contains using fibre glasses that's why mobility is easy."

When asked about his further plans about the future, he said,"Now, it's one month it's hapenning here, It's totally of mine museum, no help from anyone. It's a small museum but I have big dream to make such museum like Madame Tussauds in London. We have to invite the celebrities, personalities from all over India, the model will have to be there in my museum and that's my dream."

When asked about the cost of a single Statue, he replied,"The expenses for making a statue is 1.5 lakh and it took one month time to prepare and my statue is not for sale."

When asked about his favorite Actor whom he want to make a wax statue, he said,"Amitabh Bachchan is my dream, Aishwarya, Lata Mangeshkar, L K Advani, Sharad pawar, Bal Thackeray to be waxed in India and my dream is to open a Wax Museum Branch in Mumbai and it will be open by the year 2012 as it's really difficult to endeavour in Mumbai as per my plan, I hope some help from government and Tourism Minister Chagan Bhujbal has offered me for help too."

He had recently made the statue of Shivaji Maharaj which was unvieled by Tourism Minister Chagan Bhujbal and He is soon unvieling the Statue of Chagan Bhujbal itself by the first week of April."

When asked about, the celebs who have visited his museum, he said,"There are so many people visited here in which Chagan Bhujbal had visited, Jackie Shroff had visited and Now today Anupam Kher is likely to be coming."

Sunil Kandalloor is now working on for the wax statue of Indira Gandhi, Lata Mangeshkar and R Madhavan which will soon be unvieled.

1 comment: