Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

DGP D Shivanandan wants police to be tech-advanced for the prevention of Future threat



Today Maharashtra State's Director General of Police (DCP) D. Shivanandan retired from Police Service and during his farewell at Police Headquarter in Naigaon mainly all the Top officers of police were present for his farewell ceremony. D Shivanandan was the IPS officer of the 1976 batch and have been in the police service from last 35 years. According to D Shivanandan, the country will face major threat challenges in the upcoming future and to prevent this kind of threat our police has to be technology and scientifically advanced.

While Speaking to the Media,Maharashtras Director General of Police D Shivanandan said "We are going to face four major internal security challenges in the future,i.e; growing Terrorism,growing Left Wing Extremism, Communal Problem and Growing Corruption and for this police force has to use Science and Technology and they have to be improve, there has to be less manpower and more technology and this is the way that we will make prevent such threat. "

Sharing his past experience D .Shivanandan said,"My memory for 35 years is memorable and every challenge that was there for me , I had faced them properly and I have got every opportunity without any issue or any other thing. I held most important charges in the state, I have been Commissioner of Police Nagpur, Thane, Mumbai, 6 years in Crime Branch as Additional CP and CP and even I was in Anti Corruption Bureau and many other top posts. My journey has been absolutely memorable and I am retiring only from Government service not from the service. I have opened many schools and wishing to open Hospitals in the future too."

No comments:

Post a Comment